Last Updated on September 18, 2023
In the world of outdoor cooking, the battle between Nexgrill and Blackstone Griddle is one that grilling enthusiasts have been engaged in for years.
Nexgrill boasts a stainless steel cooking surface and superior temperature consistency, ensuring precise control and even cooking.
On the other hand, Blackstone Griddles shine in terms of durability and grease management, thanks to their high-quality carbon steel construction and efficient grease trap design.
Here, we will explore the key differences between Nexgrill and Blackstone griddles.
Get ready to make an informed choice as we unravel the secrets of these grilling titans.
Griddle Face-Off Nexgrill vs. Blackstone
In the Nexgrill vs Blackstone griddle face-off, the choice between stainless steel and cold-rolled steel, durability concerns, grease trap design, temperature consistency, and price are key factors to consider for grilling enthusiasts.
Cooking Surface Material
While Nexgrill offers a larger cooking space of 732 sq inches, there are concerns about the wear resistance of its material.
In contrast, Blackstone griddles are constructed from durable carbon steel, ensuring longevity.
Carbon steel is known for its strength and ability to withstand high heat, making it an excellent choice for a cooking surface.
It’s less likely to warp or crack over time, providing a reliable and long-lasting option for your griddle needs.
With Blackstone, you can have confidence in the durability of the cooking surface material, allowing you to enjoy many years of delicious outdoor cooking.
Issues With Warping
If you’re concerned about warping, Blackstone griddles offer a more reliable option compared to Nexgrill.
While Nexgrill griddles have unfortunately been plagued with complaints of warping and rusting, Blackstone has managed to avoid this common criticism to a greater extent.
Blackstone griddles are known for their premium materials, which contribute to their durability and resistance to warping.
Here are three reasons why Blackstone griddles are a better choice in terms of warping issues:
- Premium materials: Blackstone griddles are made with high-quality materials that are less likely to warp over time.
- Construction: The design and construction of Blackstone griddles ensure stability and prevent warping during use.
- Customer satisfaction: Many customers have reported that their Blackstone griddles have remained flat and warp-free even after prolonged use.
Grease Trap Design
During your griddle cooking experience, you’ll notice that the grease trap design of the Blackstone griddle is far superior to that of the Nexgrill.
Blackstone has truly mastered the art of grease management, providing users with an efficient and effective system.
The Blackstone griddle’s grease trap design ensures that the grease is directed away from your cooking area, preventing any potential flare-ups or messy spills.
It features a strategically placed trap that effectively captures and collects the grease, making clean-up a breeze.
Conversely, Nexgrill’s grease trap design has received mixed reviews. Some users have reported issues with the trap not effectively capturing the grease, leading to messes and potential safety hazards.
While Nexgrill outperforms Blackstone in this aspect, it’s important to understand why temperature consistency matters.
Here are a few reasons why this feature is important:
- Even Cooking: A griddle with consistent temperature distribution ensures that your food cooks evenly, preventing hot spots and cold spots.
- Precise Control: Temperature consistency allows for more precise control over the cooking process, allowing you to achieve the desired level of doneness.
- Versatility: Whether you’re searing steaks or cooking delicate items like pancakes, a griddle with temperature consistency provides a versatile cooking surface that can handle a variety of dishes.
Nexgrill stands out with a tempting edge in this department. Typically, it’s around $50 less expensive than the equivalent Blackstone model. For the budget-conscious shopper, this difference is hard to overlook.
Yet, it’s essential to note that affordability doesn’t necessarily mean a drop in quality. Both brands bring their own flair and excellence to the table.
So, if a slightly lighter hit on the wallet sounds appealing, Nexgrill might be your match. However, always weigh other factors before making your final choice.
Lid Design and Protection
Nexgrill comes with a built-in lid that offers added protection and convenience. It helps safeguard your griddle from the elements and keeps it clean when not used.
Alternatively, Blackstone offers some models a stainless steel lid option. This lid is durable and protects against dust, dirt, and weather conditions.
Both options are designed to fit securely on the griddle and are easy to use.
Whether you prefer the built-in lid of Nexgrill or the stainless steel lid of Blackstone, either choice will help you maintain the cleanliness and longevity of your griddle.
BTU and Cooking Area
Both griddles operate at a similar 60,000 BTU range, ensuring even heat distribution for cooking.
In terms of cooking area, Nexgrill provides more space with a range of 756 to 768 square inches.
In Comparison, Blackstone griddles maintain a steady cooking area of 720 square inches.
The additional cooking space provided by Nexgrill can be advantageous when preparing larger quantities of food or when catering to a larger group of people.
While Nexgrill’s material durability is decent, Blackstone’s materials have proven to be more wear-resistant.
In the case of griddle cooking, the durability of the materials used is crucial in determining the longevity and performance of the appliance.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Blackstone’s use of Cold Rolled Carbon Steel has gained a strong reputation for its quality and durability.
- The Cold Rolled Carbon Steel used by Blackstone is known for its exceptional wear resistance, ensuring that the griddle can withstand years of heavy use.
- On the other hand, Nexgrill’s materials, while decent, have been questioned in terms of their wear resistance, potentially leading to quicker wear and tear.
Build Quality and Shelves
You’ll appreciate how Blackstone griddles excel in build quality and provide convenient foldable shelves for all your grilling needs.
Not only are Blackstone griddles made with top-notch material durability, but they also prioritize overall build quality.
The sturdy construction ensures that your griddle will last for years, withstanding outdoor cooking demands. The foldable shelves are a game-changer, offering extra space for food preparation, condiments, and utensils.
They can be easily folded down when not in use, saving you valuable space in your backyard or patio.
To better understand the differences between Nexgrill and Blackstone griddles in terms of build quality and shelves, here is a comparison table:
|Features||Blackstone Griddle||Nexgrill Griddle|
Why is Blackstone so popular?
There are many reasons why Blackstone is so popular. One significant factor is that it offers a wide range of cooking techniques you can enjoy daily.
Here are a few more reasons why Blackstone griddles have gained such popularity:
- Versatility: Blackstone griddles can be used for a variety of cooking techniques, including barbecue, burning, baking, and more. This versatility allows you to prepare a wide range of dishes with just one appliance.
- Ease of use: Operating a Blackstone griddle doesn’t require much skill or experience, whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner. It’s designed to be user-friendly, making it accessible to anyone who wants to cook delicious meals.
- Integrated cooking solution: Instead of using a separate grill and other cooking appliances, you can rely on a Blackstone griddle as an all-in-one cooking solution. This saves you time, money, and space in your kitchen.
Do Blackstone grills rust easily?
Sometimes, Blackstone grills can rust easily if they aren’t properly cleaned and maintained.
Rust can develop on the griddle surface due to exposure to moisture and lack of proper care.
However, it’s important to note that not all Blackstone grills will rust easily. The susceptibility to rust depends on various factors such as the specific model, the environment in which the grill is used, and the care taken by the owner.
To prevent rust, cleaning the griddle after each use is recommended, removing any food debris and moisture.
Regularly applying a protective oil coating can also help create a barrier against rust.
Is the Nexgrill griddle cast iron?
If you’re wondering if the Nexgrill griddle is cast-iron, the answer is yes, it’s made of cast-iron for durability and enhanced cooking performance.
The Nexgrill 3-Burner Portable Griddle features a cast iron enameled griddle top, which provides a long-lasting cooking surface that’s easy to clean.
Here are a few reasons why the cast-iron construction of the Nexgrill griddle is beneficial:
- Durability: Cast iron is known for its strength and durability, making the Nexgrill griddle a reliable option for outdoor cooking.
- Enhanced Cooking Performance: The cast-iron surface of the griddle provides even heat distribution, allowing for consistent and efficient cooking.
- Easy Cleaning: The enameled coating on the cast iron makes it easy to clean the griddle after use, saving you time and effort.
Is Nexgrill the same as Weber?
While both brands offer grills with similar heat output and cooking area dimensions, they have distinct differences.
Weber stands out with its sleek design and high-quality materials, which contribute to its superior performance.
Meanwhile, Nexgrill offers a range of grills with special features like searing side burners, multiple heat zones, and infrared heat plates. These features provide added versatility and cooking options for Nexgrill users.
Making the right choice between Nexgrill and Blackstone griddles
The choice between Nexgrill and Blackstone comes down to your specific needs and preferences.
If you prioritize precise temperature control and even cooking, Nexgrill might be your top pick.
However, if durability and efficient grease management are at the forefront of your griddling priorities, then Blackstone could be the one for you.
No matter which griddle you choose, you’re bound to savor the joy of outdoor cooking in a whole new way.
So, whether you’re flipping burgers, searing steaks, or whipping up a hearty breakfast, you’re now armed with the knowledge to make the right decision for your culinary adventures.