Last Updated on July 23, 2023
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance in recent years, providing a healthier alternative to traditional deep frying.
Emeril Lagasse and Breville are two of the most popular brands on the market.
While both brands offer a range of air fryers, each with its own unique features, choosing between the two can be a difficult decision.
Safety is a primary concern for many, and the question of whether the Emeril Lagasse air fryer is safe to use often arises.
Similarly, health implications are another aspect that concerns individuals contemplating air frying.
On the other hand, the Breville air fryer oven raises questions regarding its quality and value for investment.
We will analyze the Emeril Lagasse and Breville air fryers, two of today’s most popular brands.
In order to help you select the best one for your lifestyle, we will examine their features, performance, safety, and overall quality.
- Emerald 9-in-1 air fryer – replace your countertop convection oven! 5 all-over heating elements…
- Better than ordinary convection ovens – 360° quick cook technology and five super powerful heating…
- Extra versatile – LCD digital display with 12 cooking functions: air fry, bake, rotisserie,…
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a versatile countertop oven allowing you to…
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and…
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other family favorites; Higher temperatures…
Comparing the Emeril Air Fryer and Breville
Both models offer unique designs and features that cater to different cooking needs.
This discussion will compare and contrast the two fryers based on their cooking functions, cooking technology, capacity, versatility, and overall functionality.
By analyzing these key points, readers can decide which air fryer best suits their needs.
The design of both the Emeril air fryer and the Breville is an important factor to consider when comparing these two appliances.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Size and capacity: The Emeril air fryer is a bit larger than the Breville, with a capacity of 5.3 quarts compared to the Breville’s 4-quart capacity. This may be a factor to consider if you have limited counter space or need to cook for larger groups.
- Controls and settings: Both appliances have easy-to-use digital controls, but the Breville has more preset cooking functions, including options for roasting, baking, and dehydrating. The Emeril air fryer has fewer preset functions, but it does have a handy ‘keep warm’ setting.
- Appearance: The Emeril air fryer has a sleek, black exterior with a brushed stainless steel finish on the handle and control panel. The Breville has a more industrial look, with a brushed stainless steel exterior and black accents.
- Accessories: Both appliances come with accessories such as baking pans and racks, but the Emeril air fryer also comes with a rotisserie spit and forks, making it a great option for cooking whole chickens or roasts.
The Emeril Air Fryer has eight pre-set cooking functions: roasting, baking, broiling, dehydrating, toasting, and air frying.
It also has a rotisserie function that makes cooking a whole chicken or turkey possible.
The air fryer function is particularly impressive as it can cook food that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside without using much oil.
In contrast, the Breville also has a range of cooking functions that include air frying, roasting, baking, broiling, and toasting.
It also has a dehydration function and a slow cook function that allows for cooking food at low temperatures for an extended period.
The air fryer function is also impressive, and it can cook food evenly, making it crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Both appliances have features that make them ideal for cooking a variety of dishes, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference when choosing between the two.
The Emeril Air Fryer uses Rapid Air Technology, which circulates hot air in all directions to cook food evenly and quickly.
This technology also reduces the need for oil, making it a healthier option for cooking.
The Emeril Air Fryer also has a built-in dehydrator, allowing users to dry fruits, vegetables, and meats for snacks or recipes.
Alternatively, the Breville uses the Element iQ System, which is a smart heating system that distributes heat intelligently throughout the oven to achieve the desired cooking temperature and time.
This technology also allows for precise temperature control, making it easier to cook food to perfection.
The Breville also has a convection setting, which circulates hot air for faster and more even cooking. This feature is particularly useful for baking and roasting.
The Emeril Air Fryer has a capacity of 5.3 quarts, which is suitable for a family of four. It can cook up to 3 pounds of food at once, making it a great option for those who want to cook large meals.
On the other hand, the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer has a larger capacity of 16 quarts, which is suitable for larger families or those who entertain frequently.
It can cook up to 6 slices of bread or a 14-pound turkey, making it ideal for those who want to cook larger portions of food.
To compare the capacity of the Emeril Air Fryer and the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer more comprehensively, the following table provides a side-by-side comparison:
|Emeril Air Fryer||5.3 quarts|
|Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer||16 quarts|
The table shows that the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer has a larger capacity than the Emeril Air Fryer, making it a better option for those who need to cook larger portions of food.
However, the Emeril Air Fryer’s capacity may be sufficient for those who only need to cook for a family of four or less.
Versatility and Functionality
The Emeril Air Fryer has a compact design, making it ideal for small kitchens or limited counter space.
It comes with seven pre-set cooking modes, including air frying, roasting, baking, reheating, and dehydrating.
Furthermore, it has a digital control panel that allows users to adjust the temperature and cooking time as needed.
The Emeril Air Fryer is an excellent option for people who are looking for a simple and straightforward appliance that can cook a wide range of dishes quickly and efficiently.
Conversely, the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer is a more advanced appliance that offers a broader range of functions.
It has ten pre-set cooking modes: air fry, bake, roast, broil, and pizza.
Additionally, it has a convection setting that allows for more even cooking and a dehydrate setting that can dry fruits, vegetables, and meats.
The Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer also has a large capacity and can accommodate up to six slices of toast or a 4-pound chicken.
Accessories and Support
It is important to research the level of support each brand offers and consider which would better fit your needs.
|Accessory||Emeril Air Fryer||Breville|
|Pizza Pan||Not Included||Included|
|Rotisserie Spit||Not Included||Included|
Control type and Display
The Emeril Air Fryer comes with a digital touch screen display that allows users to easily navigate through the different functions of the appliance, while the Breville air fryer features a more traditional knob and button control system.
The digital touch screen display on the Emeril Air Fryer provides users with a clear and concise visual representation of the cooking time, temperature, and other settings, making it easier to adjust and monitor the cooking process.
The touch screen display also includes pre-set cooking programs, which can be used to cook various types of food with just one touch of a button.
Meanwhile, the Breville air fryer features a knob and button control system that may be more familiar to users who have used traditional kitchen appliances.
While this control system may be more intuitive to some users, it may not be as user-friendly as the digital touch screen display on the Emeril Air Fryer.
Additionally, the Breville air fryer does not come with pre-set cooking programs, so users will need to adjust the cooking time manually, temperature, and other settings based on the type of food they are cooking.
Pricing and Availability
The Emeril and Breville air fryers have different price points and availability in the market.
The Emeril air fryer is more affordable than the Breville air fryer, with a price range of $99 to $199, depending on the model.
This makes the Emeril air fryer a more accessible option for those with a tighter budget.
On the other hand, the Breville air fryer is more expensive, with a price range of $249 to $449, depending on the model.
The high price point reflects the advanced features and technology that the Breville air fryer offers compared to the Emeril air fryer.
However, the higher price may not be feasible for some consumers.
Availability-wise, both air fryers can be found in major retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy.
However, the Breville air fryer has a more limited availability due to its higher price point.
Is the Emeril Lagasse air fryer safe?
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer’s safety is questioned due to design features that allow the temperature to exceed the maximum safe range for air frying.
The air fryer can reach temperatures as high as 537°C (or 1000°F), which is well above the recommended range of 310–360°C.
As a result, the risk of overheating and potential fire hazards is a concern for consumers.
One of the most important aspects of air fryers is their ability to cook food safely and healthily.
Overheating can cause food to burn, release toxic fumes, and create a fire hazard.
As such, air fryers need to remain within safe temperature ranges during use.
Consumers need to take note of the potential risks associated with the Emeril Lagasse air fryer and consider alternative options if safety is a primary concern.
Is cooking in an air fryer unhealthy?
Cooking in an air fryer has been subject to debate regarding its potential negative health effects.
Contrary to that, air frying has been touted as a healthier alternative to deep-frying, as it significantly reduces the amount of oil used in cooking. This, in turn, cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has a lot less fat, making it a healthier option for those who are conscious of their calorie intake.
However, some studies have suggested that cooking in an air fryer may not be entirely healthy, as the high heat used in air frying may cause the formation of harmful compounds, such as acrylamide, which is a known carcinogen.
Despite these concerns, air frying is still considered a healthier option compared to deep-frying.
To minimize the risk of harmful compounds forming during air frying, it is recommended to avoid cooking foods at high temperatures for prolonged periods.
Additionally, it is important to choose the right types of food to cook in an air fryer, such as lean protein and vegetables, instead of processed and fatty foods.
Is the Breville air fryer oven worth it?
The Breville air fryer oven is an effective toaster oven that excels at all the basics, from roasting to baking and air frying.
It can also replace the functions of an air fryer and even toast, making it a versatile appliance that can potentially cut down on clutter in your kitchen.
However, the question remains if the Breville air fryer oven is worth the cost.
At a higher price point than some other air fryer ovens on the market, it’s important to consider if the added features and functionality are worth the investment.
In general, customer reviews for the Breville air fryer oven are positive, with many praising its consistent cooking and versatility.
Is Breville high quality?
Breville’s reputation for reliability and high-end features has made them a household name throughout the world, indicating that they are a brand that values quality.
It has been in the business for almost 90 years, and its dedication to producing innovative and high-quality products has been evident in the numerous awards and recognition they have received over the years.
They are known for their attention to detail, exceptional performance, and sleek design, which sets them apart from their competitors.
If you’re considering purchasing a Breville product, here are some things to consider:
- Breville products are designed to last, with durable materials and construction that can withstand heavy use and regular wear and tear.
- Breville products are packed with features and functions that make cooking and baking easier and more efficient, such as pre-programmed settings, intuitive controls, and precision temperature control.
- Breville products are backed by excellent customer service and support, with a team of experts ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Breville products are priced on the higher end of the spectrum, but their quality and reliability make them worth the investment in the long run.
- Breville products are functional and aesthetically pleasing, with sleek and modern designs that will complement any kitchen décor.
Deciding Between Emeril and Breville Air Fryers
Both the Emeril Air Fryer and Breville offer excellent options for air frying enthusiasts.
The choice between the two brands depends on individual preferences and needs. When deciding, consider factors such as desired features, cooking capacity, and budget.
Remember, a recent survey indicates that many Americans are embracing air fryers as a convenient and healthy cooking alternative.
Regardless of which brand you choose, following the manufacturer’s instructions for safe and effective use is crucial.
By doing so, you can unlock the full potential of your air fryer and enjoy the convenience and deliciousness it brings to your culinary adventures.
So, go ahead and discover the perfect air-frying powerhouse for your kitchen – whether it’s the Emeril Air Fryer or the Breville. Happy cooking and savoring your favorite foods more healthily.
- A versatile air fryer and multi-cooker that elevates practically any meal, from air frying quick…
- 24 cooking pre-sets provide a variety of cooking methods: Ribs, Defrost, Bake, Toast, Chicken,…
- Dual-Speed Fan Homemade cooking & golden fried crisping at it’s finest with 360º superheated air…
- The Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer with Element iQ System delivers top performance and versatility…
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and…
- DEDICATED AIR FRY SETTING: The Smart Oven Air Fryer can turn out guilt free French fries, chicken…
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API